Friends of Scouting (FOS)
Friends of Scouting is the annual fund drive that makes the Scouting program possible for 12,000+ Scouts on Hawaii Island, Kauai, Maui, and Oahu, as well as in Guam and American Samoa. Your gift of any amount helps young people to build confidence and leadership skills while enjoying our beautiful islands.
Without your support, we would not be able to provide one of the most successful and popular youth development programs in the country.
Become a Friend of Scouting
Your Friend of Scouting Investment:
- Helps to provide 12,000+ boys and girls with character development and leadership training across the islands
- Helps over 200 Scouts each year attain the rank of Eagle Scout
- Instills the values of aloha in Scouts, as units contribute over 100,000 hours of community service every year
- Remains 100% local to support our islands' Scouts
- Is 100% tax deductible
- Helps maintain our camps and other facilities so Scouts can enjoy a safe and fun camp experience
Ways to Give:
- Securely online through our Flipcause page
- By Check, please make checks payable to "Aloha Council"
- Over the phone by credit card, please call (808) 595-0856
- Pledge - to pledge a gift to our annual Friends of Scouting campaign, please fill out a pledge card and mail it to:
- Aloha Council, 42 Puiwa Rd, Honolulu, HI 96817
Help Your Unit Reach Their Fundraising Goal!
Every Cub Scout Pack, Scouts BSA Troop, Venturing Crew, and Exploring Post has a fundraising goal. If you would like your Friends of Scouting gift to be credited to a specific Scouting unit, please see below to find the unit and to give a gift securely online. You may also download the pledge card and send it in the mail. You may also call (808) 595-0856.
On the Aloha Council Flipcause page, you can browse different district campaigns and select your district's page. Then select View More Teams to find your specific unit.
2020 FOS Patches
Pueo Round Patch with a gift of $110 - $224
The Pueo Round Patch is offered to those who make a gift to the annual campaign of $110 - $224. The Pueo is endemic to Hawaii and is considered endangered in the state. The Pueo differs from the common Barn Owl because of its yellow eyes and distinctive brown patterns on their head, wings, back, and chest. Pueo are active during the mornings and late afternoons, and hunt small mammals. They can be found on all eight main Hawaiian Islands.
Keep Active Shoulder Patch with a gift of $225 - $364
Eat Healthy Council Shoulder Patch with a gift of $365 - $499
Those who make a gift of $500 or more will receive a special collector set of all three 2020 Patches!