2023 Onizuka Day of Exploration - Oahu
Don't miss Hawaii's Largest STEM Event for Families! - Saturday, April 22, 2023
The largest and most exciting family-friendly STEM event in Hawaii, the Onizuka Day of Exploration, will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Building on the success of the seven previous ODE events, this year promises to be even more engaging, educational, and fun!
In addition to more than 100 exciting, hands-on STEM activities for the entire family, this year’s event will include:
- Dozens of hour-long workshops on a variety of technology and science related topics such as3D printing, gaming, coding, cyber security, and creative media.
- A special focus on career development to include presentations from technology companies, police, fire, and emergency medical services, the military and other local companies and organizations.
- Workshops and special activities focused on Hawaiian culture, Hawaiian healing and sustainable gardening.
- A series of merit badge classes which will be open to Scouts and youth from the community.
- Main stage with special guest speakers, presentations, demonstrations, and entertainment.
ODE will continue to be highly educational, engaging, interactive, fun and entertaining, and is open to the public with free admission. ODE is planned and delivered by a team of dedicated volunteers.
Many volunteers are needed for this event. Please contact event chairperson Alim Shabazz at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about volunteering.
Mahalo to Our Sponsors!