December 26 – December 31
Pupukea offers six days of resident camping, three meals a day served cafeteria style in the Weinberg Lodge, dedicated and trained staff, Merit Badge program and much more.
Winter Summit is Oahu's Boy Scout winter camp from December 26-31 at the renowned Camp Pupukea on the north shore. Aloha Council Scouts will come to experience swimming, sports, campfires, community activism, survival skills, programming and robotics, games, and more. The objective of Winter Summit is to provide a unique experience, not offered during our Summer Camp program.
Merit Badge Prerequisites
- American Labor: 2
- Automotive Maintenance: 2i, 11a, b, or d (choose one), 12
- Citizenship in the World: 3 (select and be ready to discuss), 4b, 7a, 7b
- Communication: 5, 8 (bring a note from your Scoutmaster or SPL if you've done this before; otherwise we'll try to help you do it at camp)
- Cycling: Should be able to finish at camp depending on weather, but will require several hours on Sunday for the ride.
- Digital Technology: 1. Also bring a flash drive or have some kind of cloud storage account (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
- Emergency Preparedness: 1 (it's OK if you take First Aid at camp as well)
- Energy + Weather: Energy 1a (find an article and be prepared to discuss it), 4, 5; Weather 9
- Engineering: 4
- Forestry: 3, 4, 7
- Lifesaving: 1a
- Mining in Society: 5a
- Music: 3a OR 3b OR 3c (choose one). For 3c bring report card or note from parent or leader.
- Programming: 1a, 3, 6
- Salesmanship: 5
- Scouting Heritage: 5 (unless your troop is at camp), 6
- Theater: 1 (be ready to discuss)
Scouts : $175
Payment due by December 15
For leaders to be “free” they must come as part of a unit. Five or more scouts are considered a unit. Units require “two-deep leadership”