Wood Badge 2022 - Aug 19-21 & Sept 3-4, 2022
Who should participate?
Wood Badge is designed for Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts and Exploring Leaders at the unit level, as well as district and council leaders. The course content and leadership principles introduced during the course apply to Scouters in all leadership positions. These skills provide common a leadership foundation that is beneficial for all program areas. To attend a Wood Badge course, you must:
- Be a registered adult member of the Boy Scouts of America. (There is no minimum tenure requirement.)
- All adult leaders must complete Leader Specific Training for their primary registered position. Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills is required for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters.
- Successful completion of the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record is required for all participants (parts A, B and C). No exceptions.
What are the dates and location of the course?
The first weekend in 2022 is August 19-20-21; the second weekend is September 3-4. The first weekend begins 7:30 AM on Friday morning; the second weekend session begins at 7:30 AM on Saturday morning; both weekends end around 4:30 PM on Sunday. Both weekends are held at Camp Pupukea. Participation and attendance at both weekends, a total of five full days, is required for the successful completion of the Wood Badge course.
When is the deadline for registration?
For the Staff to be prepared for the appropriate number of participants, registrations should be completed on-line:
- Between now and February 28, the Early Bird fee is $240.00
- Between March 1 and June 15, the Regular fee of $260.00 applies.
- Late Signup from June 16 through July 19 is $280.00