We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Aloha Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service.
All staff is required to work the entire period of employment. Aloha Council BSA operates full-program camps with opportunities in aquatics, shooting sports, outdoor skills, nature and crafts. Camp staff members of the Aloha Council will set an example of excellence in Scouting, which includes proper wearing of the assigned uniform. Staff members are expected to be mentors and role models for our campers, and as such, the principles of the Scout Oath and Law must be practiced as a way of life.
- Agree to abide by the Charter, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations of Scouts BSA. Applicants are not required to give any information that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
- Complete the entire application ; indicate three references.
- Two letters of recommendation are required for applicants that have not been employed in the past.
- All applicants will have an interview with the Camp Director, who will determine placement status.
- Your completed application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not confirm employment.
Salary: based on position responsibility with consideration given to the individual’s experience.
- In accordance with State of Hawaii Labor Laws is 16
- Counselor-in-Training (CIT) position minimum age is 14
- Must provide certificate(s) of completion of online training(s) prior to arriving at camp
- Required to attend staff week, no exceptions
Length of Employment:
- Pupukea – Tentatively from Sunday, June 12 to August 6, 2022. This period includes staff week, 5 weeks of long term resident scout camp, 1 week of cub scout resident camp & clean up week.
- Maluhia – Tentative from Sunday, July 3 to July 16, 2022. This period includes staff week & 1 week of long term resident scout camp.