Learn about high adventure opportunities for your Scouts and Venturers!
Powder Horn is back for a fourth year on O'ahu, with epic high-adventure opportunities you can use in your troop or crew. Registration is limited to 48 participants, and is open to Scouts 14 and older as well as all registered Scouters! Note: Medical form, Parts A, B, and C, are required. Adults, please be sure your YPT is current/valid through March 16, 2020.
Events Offered for All Participants:
- Conservation (Messengers of Peace Project)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Expedition Planning
- Leave No Trace
- Outdoor Living History
- Plants & Wildlife
- Wilderness First Aid
- Wilderness Survival
Choose Your Adventure: Pick ONE of the following activities
- Watercraft - sailing lesson in 2-man sailboat, 3 hours, Kaneohe Yacht Club, $25, Limit 12.
- Outdoor Ethics Awareness Award
- Scenery and Wildlife Photo Tour - Calling all shutterbugs and IG'ers! This is the time for you to get some amazing pics of Hawaii's beauty.
- SCUBA Diving - Introductory Dive, $65 for 1-tank dive. No SCUBA experience necessary!
- Rappelling - $10 fee
Check-in at 2pm, Kahuanui Campsite. Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens gate access closes at 4pm.
For those visiting from out-of-state or from the neighbor islands, please let us know if you need a tent and/or a ride to/from the airport. If flying in, your airport destination is HNL. Please email Reece at email@example.com or Lizzy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Once your registration is confirmed, you will be emailed a Welcome Packet including a Packing List and additional Powder Horn information.
Powder Horn embroidered Reyn Spooner Aloha Shirts are available for pre-order! Click Here