We are excited to announce Winter Summit 2023 will be held at Camp Pupukea
|Session Date||Deposit||In Council Youth||In Council Adults||Register|
|WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 27 - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 30||OPEN||$50||$150||$50||REGISTER TODAY|
Cost: Scouts - $150
Adults - $50
· Troops will be providing their own food/meals (troop cook)
· Campsites will be assigned based on number of scouts/adults attending
· The minimum number a troop can register is 2 youth (within 2 years of age of each other) and 2 adults. This is for buddy system and 2-deep leadership
· Kilohana wall tents will be an additional charge of $25 per tent. There is a limited number of wall tents. It is on a first come, first serve basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: WINTER SUMMIT WALL TENT REQUESTS if your troop is interested in reserving Kilohana wall tents.
· Registration for numbers will open on Thursday, November 9, 2023 @ 9 am.
· There are 150 slots available
· Registration for names and classes will open on Friday, December 1, 2023 @ 9 am
Pulp and Paper
Possible Eagle Merit Badges:
Citizenship in the Nation
Citizenship in the World
Due to various circumstances, Aloha Council will be conducting a short-term, 3-night Winter Summit this year. It will be held from Wednesday, December 27 – Saturday, December 30, 2023.
As this will be a short-term camp, we will have a shorter period of time to work on Merit Badges. The loose schedule for camp will be as follows:
Wednesday – check-in, set-up
Thursday – merit badge classes (4 class periods)
Friday – merit badge classes (4 class periods)
Saturday – make-up time, breakdown, check-out
We are looking to offer Eagle required merit badges along with elective merit badges. Eagle merit badge classes will be 3 hrs each day for a total of 6 hrs of class time. Elective merit badge classes will be 1.5 hrs each day for a total of 3 hrs of class time.
We are asking troops that are attending, that they have at least 1 adult attending to teach a merit badge(s). If they are a registered Merit Badge Counselor and would like to teach any of the following classes, please let us know immediately. Most listed should be able to be completed in the timeframe above but also understand that there may be a few that will earn “partial” credit and will need to follow up on their own time after camp.