The Boy Scouts of America, Aloha Council seeks team members with experience in and a passion for developing the next generation of Hawaii's leaders.
Full-Time District Executive - Maui
Posting Date: February 12, 2020
The Boy Scouts of America provides a program for young people that builds desirable qualities of character, trains in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness. Scouting serves more than three million young men and women in every part of the country through some 290 local council service centers. Professional Executives have the responsibility for working with volunteer committees and community leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
Responsibilities: The District Executive is an entry-level management position having broad and varied responsibilities. Duties include promoting, supervision, and working with and through adult volunteers including parents and community leaders. Different aspects of the position include:
- Sales. The executive is responsible, through volunteers, for extending District’s career education program to schools, religious, civic, fraternal, educational, or other community-based organizations.
- Finance. Working with volunteers, professionals recruit leadership for the Friends of Scouting and finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the council.
- Service. The professional staff provides quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Administration. The executive administers the Scouting program in the assigned district or service area.
- Public Relations. Executives must be good role models. They must recognize the importance of good working relationships with other professionals and with volunteers. Scouting depends on community support and acceptance. Professional leaders must have good communication skills and be able to tell Scouting’s story to the public.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent military/work experience)
- United States citizenship or declared intention to become a citizen
- Must enjoy working with people from all levels of society ranging from CEO’s to parents of youth members.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Dedication — Must hold an interest and passion in the Scouting program.
- Adherence to BSA membership standards.
Compensation & Benefits. The starting salary for a District Executive is currently $40,000 including full benefits (medical, dental, retirement and more). Executives also receive a car allowance, cell phone and other incentives including a 403 B matching Thrift program.
How to Apply. To be considered for an opportunity to interview please send your resume to:
Aloha Council, BSA
42 Puiwa Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Or Email: Eric.McFee@scouting.org
When applying for this position, you must refer to: District Executive - Maui
Summer Camp Staff Positions Available - Maui
Posting Date: February 3, 2020
Please download and fill out the Application Packet and return to:
Leif Adachi at Leif.Adachi@Scouting.org